• Electrodynamic Tether Propulsion
• Momentum Exchange Tether Propulsion
• Formation Flying and Enabled Missions
• Tethered Multiprobes: Mission Concepts & DESIGN considerations
• Tether Power Generation and Energy Harvesting
• Space Tethers for Space environments research
• subsystem technologies to enable space tether missions
• space tether modeling techniques
• Electric Sails for Interplanetary Exploration and Science
• Space Elevators
• lessons learned from past missions
• Other Advanced Concepts Enabled or Enhanced by Tethers
SPECIAL ISSUE/SECTION OF ACTA ASTRONAUTICA FOR TIS2016 APPROVED!
In addition to the online publishing of the Conference Proceedings, TiS 2016 has arranged for an opportunity to submit a refined version of your paper in mid-July to showcase your work to an international audience of space professionals. Papers that describe current or promising research in tether technology, components, systems, mission applications, and space exploration architectures using tethers are solicited. Specifically, papers related to the following tether systems are of interest for the TiS 2016 Special Issue/Section in Acta Astronautica:
Please submit all abstracts via our website using the links coming soon.
While full papers are encouraged, particularly for new results, an extended summary paper with presentation materials in lieu of a full paper for work that is largely review or lessons learned in focus is acceptable. Submissions to be considered in this category should preface their abstract with “REVIEW:” or “LESSONS LEARNED:”.
Recall that the conference is adopting a ‘no paper – no podium’ rule. Final Conference paper submissions must follow the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) format, which can be found using the Paper Template links above.
CONFERENCE AND JOURNAL PAPER NEWS
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACTS
May 9th, 2016, 11:30PM EDT
Final Paper Deadline
May 18th, 2016, 11:30PM EDT
Late Registration Cut-off
May 24th-26th, 2016
July 15th, 2016
Acta Astronautica Paper Submission
November 30th, 2016
Acta Astronautica Paper Acceptance
February 27th, 2017
Acta Astronautica Paper Publication
SPACE TETHERS IN THE NEWS
© 2016 Millennium Space Systems